Below Is The List Of Course Content Of Our Personal Assistants Skills Training Course
Personal Assistant Course in Poland – Part 1: Working with Your Manager
All assistants work to make life easier for their employers. This requires assistants to be adaptable. While you should never work in an unsafe environment, it is imperative that you adapt your communication and work style to the style, needs, and responsibilities of your boss. This will help ensure that you have a productive and amicable work relationship.
- Adapting to Their Style
- You do not always get to choose your manager. While there is every possibility that you will find your manager’s style amiable, you must prepare yourself for a manager who presents more of a challenge.
- Anticipate Their Needs
- Your job is to reduce the number of distractions or minor tasks that your manager has to handle. You should not expect every need to be clearly outlined for you.
- Getting Your Responsibilities Defined
- While your job description will provide most of your job responsibilities, it is necessary to clarify certain aspects of your job with your employer.
- When to Take the Initiative
- Managers expect assistants to take the initiative. However, it is important that you do not overstep your bounds. The key is deciding when it is appropriate to take the initiative.
Personal Assistant Course in Poland – Part 2: Administrative Soft Skills
An assistant also functions as an administrator. Your job requires you to work with different people, and soft administrative skills are essential for success. Developing social intelligence, business acumen, office management skills, and active listening will improve your working relationship with those around you and make your life much easier.
- Social Intelligence
- Social intelligence is the empathy, understanding, and cognition that is necessary to be effective in social settings. It allows us to identify and interpret social cues and react appropriately.
- Basic Business Acumen
- Business acumen is the ability to look at the big picture and make the necessary decisions for the good of the organization.
- Office Management
- An assistant must also operate as an office manager. This requires you to take on specific roles that are necessary in order for the department to move forward.
- Active Listening
- Listening skills are essential for the assistant. Listening and understanding everything that is said may be difficult in a fast-paced environment.
Personal Assistant Course in Poland – Part 3: Effective Time Management
Time management is extremely complicated for assistants. Not only do you have to manage your own time but also the time of your manager and those around you. It is easy to be blindsided by life and lose control of your schedule. By taking the time to implement a few time management techniques, you can maintain control of your time and increase your productivity
- Calendar Management
- Calendar management is essential to your time management. It is important that you keep both a personal and professional calendar, and sync them, in order to prevent overlap and confusion.
- Prepare for Changes and Surprises
- No matter how carefully you plan, there will be surprises and changes that disrupt your schedule. While some surprises and changes are emergencies, most are interruptions that eat up your time.
- Keeping Others on Track
- As an assistant, it is your job to help keep other people on track, particularly your manager. As the person in charge of scheduling, you are responsible for making sure that you manager arrives at meetings on time.
- Urgent / Important Matrix
- Being able to differentiate the urgent from the important is essential for time management. The urgent/important matrix is a useful tool that will help you identify which tasks need to be addressed first.
Personal Assistant Course in Poland – Part 4: Meeting Management
Meetings are crucial to the success of your business. As an assistant, you will be in charge of managing meetings. To provide an effective meeting, it is a matter of planning, organization, and timing. Fortunately, the experience will make meetings easier to manage.
- Creating an Agenda
- The key to a successful meeting is an effective agenda. You must be familiar with agendas and how to create them. There are different computer programs available that you can use to create and keep track of meeting agendas.
- Keeping Minutes
- Keeping minutes provides a legal and historical record of the meeting. Taking minutes is a very important job and should not be taken lightly.
- Keeping the Meeting on Time
- While an agenda is supposed to keep meetings under control, attendees do not always follow them. Rants and off-topic tangents can cause meetings to run long and eat up everyone’s valuable time.
- Variations for Large and Small Meetings
- The size of a meeting will greatly affect the proceedings. Smaller meetings may be more informal, while larger meetings require a greater organization.
Personal Assistant Course in Poland – Part 5: Tools of the Trade
It is impossible to be an effective assistant if you do not use the tools of the trade. The tools of the trade for an assistant go beyond simply printing, filing, and taking messages. You need to become familiar with machines, computer programs, and etiquette to become a successful personal assistant. If you are unsure about any job-related tools, you should take the time to educate yourself.
- Email Protocol
- Today, email is a necessary form of communication. Emails allow people to respond when convenient, and it is easy to save emails to servers and prevent the loss of valuable information.
- Office Machinery
- Being a personal assistant requires a basic understanding of office machinery. The company that you work for determines the machinery that you will use.
- Computer and Software Skills
- Every assistant needs to have basic computer and software skills. Do not expect anyone in your organization to teach you how to use a computer.
- Communication Skills
- The ability to communicate is necessary for a successful career.
Personal Assistant Course in Poland – Part 6: More Personal Assistant Tools of the Trade
Ever-changing technology is shaping the job of the assistant. You must pay attention to the tools of the trade and adapt as social conventions and technology changes. Keeping up with the tools of the trade will allow you to become an invaluable personal assistant.
- Phone and Voicemail Etiquette
- You are the voice of the company when you answer the phone and make calls. It is necessary to follow basic phone etiquette so that you represent yourself, your manager, and your company well.
- Word Processing
- Word processing is an essential part of any business position. The word processor has replaced the typewriter for creating documents.
- Business Writing
- Business writing includes emails, memos, reports, and business letters.
- Internet Research
- As a personal assistant, you will have to do a great deal of research. The Internet makes this task faster and easier. All research, however, is not created equal.
Personal Assistant Course in Poland – Part 7: Being an Effective Gatekeeper
Assistants are gatekeepers. It is your job to save your manager the time and hassle of distractions. These may be preventing sales calls or weeding unnecessary information. Being a gatekeeper requires you to be savvy and develop the ability to see through tricks.
- Filtering Data and Information
- Filtering data and information is part of your job. You need to determine what your manager needs to see and know and what is unimportant. For example, you do not need to pass along a sales catalog.
- Learn to Say No
- Part of your job as gatekeeper is to say “no.” Your manager’s time is valuable, and many people will try to make appointments when none are available. They will call to distract your manager throughout the day.
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Every assistant has to deal with difficult people. Conflict is sometimes unavoidable, but it is sure to appear when you practice saying “no” and preventing people from reaching their objectives.
- Recognize the Tricks
- People train and write articles about tricks they used to get past gatekeepers. Sales calls and other interruptions will not always be obvious; people will try to trick you. You must familiarize yourself with common tricks so that you can recognize them.
Personal Assistant Course in Poland – Part 8: Organizational Skills
With the busy schedule that assistants have to keep, organizational skills are essential to success. You must learn how to prioritize, plan, and work towards your goals. The organization is a skill that you can always work to improve. However, by implementing the following techniques, you will improve your efficiency as an assistant.
- Prioritizing Your Workload
- You will work more efficiently if you learn how to prioritize your workload into four tiers. Use the urgent, important matrix to help you identify your tasks. The tasks will be given priorities based on how urgent and important they are.
- Goal Setting
- You need to establish goals to prioritize and organize your work-related tasks. You should establish long-term and short-term goals for your personal and professional life. It is important to align your short-term work goals with your manager’s.
- Plan for Tomorrow, Today
- You should schedule the next day when the current day ends. Planning each day in the week is not feasible because your tasks and priorities will change. You need to wait until the end of the workday to plan for tomorrow.
- Staying on Track
- Keeping your organizational skills on track is easier said than done. Your life may be organized on paper, but it is easy to become overwhelmed when the problems and distractions come.
Personal Assistant Course in Poland – Part 9: Confidentiality Guidelines
As an assistant, you will be privy to confidential information. It is imperative that you learn how to handle this information and keep privileged information from leaking to the public. Following confidentiality guidelines will make you a better assistant and improve the level of trust that your employer has in you.
- Your Confidentiality Duty
- Confidentiality is one of your basic duties as an assistant. You will have access to company secrets, employee records, and financial information. Failure to keep the information confidential will damage your reputation and the reputation of your organization. In certain circumstances, a lack of confidentiality breaks the law.
- Be Diplomatic and Discreet
- As an assistant, you are expected to be diplomatic and discreet in the workplace and when socializing. You are in a unique position because of all the information that you handle. You need to be careful about what you say, whom you say it to, and where you say it.
- Keeping Data Secure
- Due to the sensitive nature of the information that you handle, you need to take steps to make sure that you keep the data secure.
- What to Do in Sticky Situations
- You will find yourself in sticky situations when you work as an assistant. You need to handle them carefully.
Personal Assistant Course in Poland – Part 10: Special Tasks
As a valued personal assistant, you should be prepared to take on special roles and tasks. You will find yourself interacting with clients and managing social media. You may be managing projects and hosting trade shows. With a little practice and research, you will be ready for any situation.
- Project Management
- Many personal assistants also play the role of project managers for their employers. You need to understand the basics of project management to be successful. The five steps of project management are: start, plan, execute, manage, and end. The start does not include you because it involves choosing a project and project manager.
- Trade Shows
- A trade show is a chance for a company to display the product or service the organization provides. Trade shows are the perfect venue for finding new customers and generating interest in the product
- Interacting with Clients
- Assistants have to interact with clients in person, on the phone, and through email. It is important to be friendly and professional in your communications. Build rapport with clients by remembering their names, interests, and needs. Keep a reference list to help you.
- Social Media Management
- Social media is an important tool on a personal and professional level. You may be responsible for managing the company’s social media, but you will definitely have to manage your own. No matter the platforms you use, you must be careful to present a professional persona.